A deck on a sloped roof requires a different approach to the framing underneath the joists. Roof deck framing, unlike for decks at ground level, doesn't entail a ledger attached to the rim joist of a house.
· We usually use the most appropriate material for the roof surface itself torch-on membrane or equivalent , then build a platform on which the deck surface itself is installed. This way, the deck doesn't look like a roof, and there is no foot traffic damage to the roofing material. Making A Flat Roof A Deck? Quote: Originally Posted by
· Re: Proper way to anchor/frame a deck on a flat rubber roof The walkway is L shaped and in a corner against the walls. One section is 12' long and the other is10'.
· I am wanting to put a flat roof over an existing wood deck on my Dad's mobile home. Not sure on the best and cheapest way to do this. Also want it to last and be durable all year around. Anyone with advice on how to go about doing this?
· We are building a new flat roof over our living room. We would like it to double as a deck. After reading all the posts here, we are very confused about options. Is it possible to build a deck WITHOUT sleepers ie use the "roof material" as the actual deck if we use PVC? is this cheaper than using
A deck is a flat surface, but roofs usually are peaked -- and for good reason. The angle of a roof allows for runoff of rain and melting snow.
Installing a porch roof over an existing deck is usually not recommended unless the deck was originally designed to support a future porch. Typical decks are designed to support 55 PSF lbs per square foot .
Build A Deck Plans Home Plans Over Garage Wood Swing Planter dining.table.plans.woodworking Flat Roof Carports Plans Simple Boat Plans If you looking at building a wooden shed in your backyard, will be the major quite a bit of considerations to be conscious of.
· This wooden deck was built over her screen porch and on top of a flat roof. It’s not really flat: it’s pitched ¼’ per foot but without a spirit level you can’t really tell. Years of neglect and lack of gutter coverage above the deck had destroyed not only the deck but a window and the sidewall as well.
· To build a flat roof, you’ll want to have a thorough understanding of how the process of constructing the flat roof works and the different methods available. That will help you remember certain factors and details to build the best possible flat roof.
Roof Top Deck Construction Building a deck over a flat roof is very similar to building a deck over a concrete patio. These decks are often referred to as “floating,” as they are not secured in place as a stand-alone structure.
· Have you ever wondered how to build a deck roof? Building a deck roof can be a simple process as long as you have moderate knowledge of construction and the right tools. Deck roofs are used to provide shade and shelter for those who enjoy sitting outside. Some people don’t use deck roofs, while
A cold roof construction will normally comprise of a structural deck on joists or purlins with a ceiling layer fixed to the bottom of the joists/purlins thereby
· Flat roof: these roofs are mostly flat, but usually have a bit of a slope. As such, they allow for outdoor living gardens or a living space on top. Hip and pyramid roofs: as the name suggests, a pyramid roof is a roof in the shape of a pyramid and is designed for a square building.